All IBASE standard products carry a warranty period of 24 months* from date of shipment. (If the date of shipment cannot be ascertained, product serial numbers can be used to determine the approximate shipping date.) However, parts that are not manufactured by IBASE, such as the CPU, memory, hard disk drive and power adaptor, are limited to the warranty provided by the manufacturer.
For all non-RoHS products manufactured by IBASE, we are providing repair service for up to 5 years from the invoice date. This 5-year period includes the 2-year warranty period and another 3 years of service with relevant charges. The RoHS directive has been implemented since July 1, 2006, and for years, IBASE has been encouraging customers to adopt RoHS in their product portfolios.
* Products, however, that failed due to misuse, accident, improper installation or unauthorized repair shall be treated as out of warranty and customers shall be billed for repair and shipping charges.
DOA (Dead On Arrival) Cases
IBASE considers an item to be DOA if it fails within one month from shipping date. DOA cases are treated with the highest priority and items are replaced immediately and do not require the standard repair time. DOA cases should be referred first to our FAE (via the sales contact window) to confirm if it is such or simply a configuration problem. IBASE will shoulder the two-way freight for DOA items, while designating the shipping method.
The following are the RMA guidelines that have been established by IBASE to better support our customers.
- RMA number and RMA form: Obtain an RMA number and form from our sales department before sending the faulty products. IMPORTANT: To process an RMA case, each board must accompany a corresponding RMA form that is filled mainly with the board's serial number, hardware configuration used and problem description.
- What to send: Send the products/boards without the accessories (manuals, cables) and components (CPU, memory, interface cards), unless you suspect the latter are the cause of the problem. Indicate these items if they are included. All returns should accompany a note detailing the problem.
- Shipping cost & method: Customers send RMA goods at their own expense; while IBASE shoulders the cost of returning the items by using the shipping method it deems suitable. Customers may require alternative shipping methods but shall bear any additional charges.
- Repair Time: IBASE requires about 10 working days to repair faulty items under 10pcs upon their receipt. Repair time will change for items over 10 pcs.